Research into Human, Animal, Plant, and Environmental Microbiomes has exploded recently and new tools are being developed to study these communities, the types of microbes present, as well as the dynamics (stability or variability) of the communities. While metagenomic studies have revealed immense diversity, additional tools are required to understand the community structure, function, and their interaction with host environments.
Biolog has unique solutions and choices for metabolic profiling of bacterial communities, as well as individual strains of interest, including those that are anaerobic or microaerophilic.
AN (Anaerobic) MicroPlates:
- A 96 well plate containing 95 carbon sources specifically selected for anaerobic bacteria using a colorimetric redox dye.
- Plates can be read in the OmniLog instrument which provides important advantages for throughput, kinetics, and accessing Biolog data analysis software. Plates can also be read on the MicroStation or other microplate readers
- Results are obtained in 24 hours or less, usually within 8 hours
- Contact Us for a Protocol
Phenotype MicroArray MicroPlates:
- Collection of 20 defined plates representing 1920 phenotypic tests to investigate aspects of cellular metabolism, as well as sensitivity to a broad range of microbial inhibitors
- Click here for more information on Phenotype MircroArray Technology
- In this method, these assays are growth-based and use turbidity rather than dye formation. Assays take typically 2 to 4 days depending on the specific anaerobe and their growth rate
- The plates can be read in a microplate reader (OD-750) to measure cell density in the wells
For a listing of chemicals in Phenotype MicroArrays MicroPlates 1-10 (metabolic panels) click here.
For a listing of chemicals and antimicrobials in Phenotype MicroArrays MicroPlates 11-20 (chemical sensitivity panels) click here.
Both of the above options require the use of an anaerobic chamber for inoculating the MicroPlates.
Visit our bibliography